Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hi my name is Jamieko and I'm an addict... . :)

So I'm sitting in Brazil in an apartment that looks out on the beach and I'm pretty jazzed as I sit in a puddle of my own sweat!!!! :) I got to the airport this morning a good 45 minutes early which was great because I had a great night and a great morning! So I was able to sit there and just relax, reflect, eat, and call people who have been waiting for me to return their phone calls. Clearly God is testing me and my addiction to my cell phone. It died as I crossed security. I realized though this morning that not only do I have a strange addiction to my phone as I searched for outlets at every airport, but that our TSA people in the MRY airport might not know much about passports as he tried to read my Brazilian Visa instead of my actual Passport. I made it through three airports only ALMOST missing one of my flights. I definitely need a watch when the cell phone dies. OOps.

On the second flight I almost stabbed the small child who continually kicked my chair for an hour and a half until I politely told the mom to keep the child from doing so. As I boarded the third and final flight from Dallas to Sao Paolo I realized I might be in for a long trip as the four teenage boys sitting next to me talked about getting drunk on the flight. Luckily the boys passed out as soon as the plane took off. There was nothing more horrifying to me as I made a list of things we might do while we're in Brazil (yes it began to freak me out having no plans), than realizing I had no idea how I was going to find Monika or Bruno and slightly began to panic. To my great relief I found Bruno and Monika both waiting for me where I walked off the plane and we were off.

Our long drive from the airport to the beach side town of Santos, where Bruno lives was a nice scenic route. IT's fantastic to see Monika and Bruno. Two people whom I love deeply and find great pleasure in seeing. These are two of the only people who can tell me cut and dry how life goes. No sugar coating, not glamour, just plain and simple This is HOW IT IS!!!

We met his mom and then went to the supermarket, an experience all of it's own. We saw the farmer's market today and experience heat like no other. Ate fantastic Brazilian creations including sugar cane milk and saw things that I'm not sure I can define (you'll have to decipher from the photos). And stopped to have Caprihnas, a traditional Brazilian cocktail (holy geez) yes it was only noon but hey it's all good right? We're on vacation. :)

I think the funniest conversation today.

Me: So Bruno, when are we going to meet your girlfriend?
Mon: Yeah Bruno when does she come to town?
Bruno: Oh you're not meeting her. I told her I was out of town. She's crazy. She cried when I said I was gonna be gone for the week.

Too funny. One of my best friends in the world and so horrible. :)Communication at it's finest So now we chill trying to plan the rest of the night. We've decided that while we're at the falls we're going to go see Argentina and Paraguay!!! That is an added surprise!!!!

I'm not sure how long I can live without my phone but since it's dead looks like it'll be till at least the 29th. (only mild withdrawals happening). I won't lie Mon and I are thoroughly entertained by Meg, the baby bulldog in the house!!! And Bruno's mom is gonna show us around later this week while he's working!!!! Looking to be a great trip!!

jko

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Argentina and Paraguay!! Hope you're having a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete