
I've never been a proponent of "Vacation Mode". You know that mode you get into when you have already "checked out" from reality and stopped all productivity even though you are not yet on vacation? For those of you who know me you know my level of anal retention that I do possess. I'm normally fully packed at the bare minimum three days before I depart house spotless, car cleaned, all laundry done, everything ready for me to come back to a house and life of peace and tranquility. This way the last few days I have nothing to worry about before I depart. I leave in two days and this is what my living room looks like. Four large piles of laundry on my carpet not anywhere near my suitcase. My car still has to visit the car wash, I have to clean my house again and should prob attempt to clean my fridge just to avoid the science experiments when I get back home.
My growing to-do list just seems to be non-existent in my desire to not accomplish it. Worst part is I'm sitting here blogging instead of doing anything. It is nice to "chill-ax" as my nieces say. Not really stress about anything. Life is good! However, at some point I will need to get this all done and I work tonight and have class tomorrow night. Leave it to me to even plan things during the daytime hahaha oops.
I wonder when it will hit me that I have ZERO planned for this vacation. I have a plane ticket, a book on portuguese and will at some point soon have a packed suitcase. That's it. No plans, no hotels (I'm staying with Bruno and his girlfriend in one place but no others after that), no itineraries, nothing, just a suitcase full of bikinis and books and one pair of party shoes.... note to self, must find sunglasses and buy suntan lotion! Ah summertime in March will be fantastic.
We'll see how this works out for me :) Alright time to attempt packing.
Happy St. Patty's Day!!! I'm hoping it'll be busy so this night of drunken debauchery goes by very quickly especially since I'm only a sober witness to the joys of what is happening. Well I am THE reason for the drunken part, but still....
Have a great night!!!!
PS... did you notice I learned how to upload photos!!! Very exciting.
jko
No comments:
Post a Comment