Sunday, March 21, 2010

the lesson of the day.... sunblock

I'm starting to get slightly confused on my days. Not because there is some sort of giant time difference but more because there is a feeling of double days. You know those days where you go out and do stuff in the morning, come back chill out and then do something at night. So you are lucky enough to get two days in one.

Today was a pretty lazy day. Bruno hung over from the night before had to work so Mon and I explored the town on our own. We walked 3 or 4 miles down the beach just talking and walking and enjoying girl time. It was not as hot nor as sunny as it was on Saturday but I reminded "White Bread" that she should put sunblock on anyway. It was an amazing day we have such great conversations. Everyone needs friends like this.

I've seen a lot of beaches in my time and this one was by far the most exercise oriented. The sand packed because of the rain and the water warm. The beach lined with chairs and umbrellas and dark, very dark people in bikinis and underwear. It seemed that 1 out of every 10 people was jogging. It was nice to see. What was interesting to see was the lack of fabric on all the people walking the beach. As we walked back we couldn't help but begin to judge bums. It was humorous and involved a lot of random photos of half naked bums. I tell you the photos from this trip crack me up.

Anyway, when we got home we dragged Bruno from his laptop and he took us to lunch and then the mall. Why would any man voluntarily take two women to a mall???? Such a sweet guy but really such an idiot. hahaha. We walked through 3 of the five levels in and out of almost every store. I thought he might shoot us instead he picked on us like a good little brother. Totally unsuccessful shopping trip we walked back empty handed and got rained on for the second time today.

As the night progresses and our energy ceases to exist we notice that both of us are cherry red and have intriguing tan lines. Having yet to put on a bikini and both of us have the burn from hell. At least it'll be an interesting tan.

I'm pretty sure Monika is bored and wants to go paint the town red, but given that it's Sunday the town is pretty much asleep. We ordered pizza, which let me tell you was amazing and very different, drank a shit ton of Stella and now are watching From Paris With Love. Pretty mellow night. So that is our goal tomorrow, to find somewhere Mon can get wild and have fun. Hopefully sunblock will work tomorrow!

I'm excited about our boat ride tomorrow and buying all the plane tickets and such for leaving Santos. :) Little things make me happiest.

jko

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamieko! It's Melissa, glad to read that you and your friends are having a blast! You should totally get into writing! You can write a book about your travels and it turn into a movie! Hilarious! I want to see the pics of all the Brazilian bums! you should post them and so we can all vote on which is the best!

    ReplyDelete