Thursday, March 25, 2010

the wheels on the bus go round and round

I already told you we had an adventure on the city bus. Always fun. I don~t care if you~re in El Paso or if you~re in Beijing, public busses say a lot about a city and you see it from such a different light.

After we successfully purchased our tickets to Rio we encountered this man who spoke fairly good English. We were asking him to show us back to Bruno~s house. Side note, when Monika entered the country the man says, miss where are you staying? To which she says, with Bruno. To which he responds with a smile, everyone here is named Bruno. My name is Bruno and I know you are not staying with me. That made me laugh. Anyway. This man stops us in the middle of our pleading for help and he says to Monika, I must tell you thank you. Thank you for all the great music your country has made. The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, (and he named others I was too busy laughing to hear). He was super sweet and got us back on the bus we needed.

Back to the bus... So I have never traveled at night. Well I think maybe in China but does that really count??? I am now a HUGE fan. i mean seriously. Travel to a location from 9pm to 6am... you sleep. You~re not missing anything and you wake up and get to start going. Awesome right? The bus we were on was even AMAZING!! we had our own foot thingys (yes I said thingys) that allowed us to totally stretch out. Well I am 5 foot nothing so maybe it allowed just me to stretch out. The driver even gave us blankets and pillows, smashtastic to say the least. We were all set, even kinda tired from the day of walking and all that jazz. Relaxing, lights out, headphones on we were off. Now had I not been next to the child with night terrors, or naturally a light sleeper I might have slept. But this was not my destiny. I was awake 95% of the night. I have never really slept heavily but this was misery at its finest. I always thought maybe it is because I have too much estrogen. Have you ever noticed when a guy goes to sleep he~s OUT!!!! I have never slept that hard, not even after a HEAVY night of drinking. Still sleep like I~m listening for a small childs cry.

Anyway we arrived bright and early to Rio de Janeiro, the one place I did not want to visit at 6 am without me having slept but maybe 10 minutes. Not the way to start a trip. hahaha. It amazes me that my silence is so often misconstrued as passive aggression rearing it~s ugly little head. People, I do have the capability of just being tired and having no desire of speaking.


jko

No comments:

Post a Comment